Saturday, February 23, 2008

A new blog.

I created this to blog about the history of math and science, which is a subject I really enjoy. I teach math in a high school, and it is not always possible to talk much about this sort of thing, because it is not actually in the curriculum. Science has historical developments which are covered in science class, but the development of math is not.

One of my favorite parts of the subject is the personalities of the people who made historical developments. I like to tell my classes that anyone smart enough to make a lasting contribution to mathematics is likely to also be a bit colorful. One of my favorites is John Napier, hence the name of the blog.

If you have noticed that the description mentions comics, let's just say that public domain images from old artwork are very handy.

No comments: